Big Changes Are Coming With Cataclysm
- Rocket Jump – Activate your rocket belt to jump up to 20 yards, every 2 min.
- Rocket Barrage – Fire your belt rockets at an enemy within 30 yards, every 2 min. (Shared cooldown with Rocket Jump)
- Time is money – Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
- Best Deals Anywhere – Best possible gold discount, regardless of reputation.
- Pack Hobgoblin – Calls in your personal servant, allowing you bank access every 30 min.
- Better Living Through Chemistry – Alchemy skill +15, Your potions give more health / mana
- Goblins can be all classes except Paladin or Druids.
- Darkflight – Activate your true form, increasing movement speed by 70% for 6 sec, every 3 min.
- Viciousness – Increase damage by 1%.
- Abberation – Reduced duration on Curses and Diseases used against you by 15%.
- Flayer – Skinning skill +15, you skin creature fast, and you don’t even need a knife.
- Worgens can be all classes except Paladins or Shamans.
- The Worgen Form is cosmetic only.
- Out of combat you can pick between Human or Worgen.
- In combat you will be a Worgen.
- Secondary profession
- The profession will let you collect Artifacts throughout the world.
- It will be used to unlock Paths of the Titan.
- It will also give you unique rewards like vanity pets, instant travel to a dungeon, titles, unique recipes for other professions, etc…
- Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
- It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, or Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
- It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can’t put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.
- Multi-gains will be added, while you level up your trade skills, rare items will give you more points as you skill up. (Rare items will give you 5 points for example, while green bracer’s will only give one)
- Gathering should be a little more fun.
- Engineering is a very fun tradeskill, but it’s either amazing or it sucks and everybody drops it. More convenient items like Jeeves or Wormhole Generator will be added to the profession in the future to get back to the roots of Engineering.
- Fishing will also have some big changes, no details yet but it’s going to be more fun.
- MP5 is gone. Spirit now regenerates mana.
- All healers will get a Meditation like skill. (In combat regeneration)
- Mages and Warlocks won’t have to deal with Spirit on their gear anymore.
- Spell Power is also gone. Intellect now provides Mana AND Spell Power.
- Hunters and Enhancement Shamans won’t have to worry about intellect anymore.
- Attack Power is also gone.
- Agility now provides 2 AP for rogues, hunters, shaman, and druids. Plate-wearers won’t steal your gear anymore!
- Defense is gone. No more juggling around the cap. Tanks will receive the needed anti crit from talents (Survival of the Fittest)
- Armor Penetration is gone. It was too confusing and is now replaced with a mastery.
- Mastery makes you better at what you do. (more on this later)
- Haste now increases rate which you gain energy, runes, rage, and focus.
- Talents for Enhancement and Retribution will make this work.
- Block value goes away. A block mitigates a percentage of damage. It is now a real mitigation stat.
- With No Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power = more Stamina for all.
- Hunter’s mana is GONE!!!
- Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
- Focus regenerates continuously, Steady shot improves the rate of getting focus back.
- Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
- A shot costs 10 to 30 focus.
- Hunters will have fewer cooldowns on abilities.
- Ammo will become an item, not a consumable.
- Soul Shards are no longer in your bags. The goal is to make them fun, not a hassle.
- Soul Shards will be integrated to the user interface. (Like Death Knight runes)
- You get three shards per fight, they will regen very quickly out of combat.
- It will be possible to get more for long fights or mistakes through Drain Soul.
- Soul Burn (New Spell) : Cost 1 Shard, 30 sec cooldown, off the Global Cool Down. Empowers your next spell, many (not all spells) behave differently when empowered.
- Empowered Searing Pain : Next 3 Searing Pains crit.
- Empowered Summon Demon : Instant Cast.
- Empowered Soulfire : Instant Cast.
- Empowered Fear : Instant Cast.
- Empowered Death Coil : Longer Horror, more healing received.
- They are only used in combat, summons or demons won’t use shards.
GD Star Rating
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system
Posted by Drexler on August 23 2009 Filed under News, Photo Gallery. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry